Las Vegas, – (BUSINESSWIRE) – Jan. 10, 2024 --- Universal Electronics Inc. (NASDAQ: UEIC), the worldwide leader in universal control technology for smart home and entertainment devices announces its family of UEI Butler™ Smart Home Control Hubs at the Consumer Electronics Show, the products are on display at UEI’s booth #52023 at the Smart Home Pavilion at the Venetian.
The products, powered by QuickSet® Cloud, align with UEI’s product and technology strategy to enable Discovery, Control and Interaction across disparate connected devices in the home to create smarter living for a growing list of smart home B2B customers. This family of smart home hubs, complemented by UEI’s complete range of Zigbee Sensors and accessories, enables customers to deliver tailored and managed experiences for their products while allowing for greater interoperability with other brands and ecosystems consumers have in their homes.
The hubs bring interoperability covering a wide range of wireless protocols including legacy IR for entertainment and airCon devices, Zigbee, Bluetooth, and IP devices as well as the fast-growing Matter-compatible device category.
UEI’s Full-Featured Hubs Deliver Seamless Interoperability, including:
- Pre-integrated support for a complete range of Zigbee sensors and thermostats to create tailored kits for energy management, climate control, smart lighting, and more.
- Built-in Zigbee radios, powerful IR Blasters, and support for Wi-Fi or Ethernet configuration for flexible placement in any room in the home.
- Matter Bridging capability for control of non-matter devices via built-in iOS and Android Home apps.
- Matter Controller and Multi-admin capability to work alongside other Matter Controllers for a seamless end-user experience, or to create a new Matter environment in a home.
- Built-in support for nevo.ai virtual agent for a seamless onboarding experience, personalization and troubleshooting when help is needed.
- Option for far-field voice to add hands-free control to any Smart TV; streaming or cable/satellite set-top box or audio device.
UEI’s QuickSet Cloud Enhancement
UEI’s complete family of Butler Smart Home hubs leverage Quickset® Cloud’s powerful device discovery and configuration abilities, and work with any Zigbee-enabled nodes or UEI-developed sensors with complete rule-based automation and scene creation features.
The UEI Butler Family of Smart Hubs line-up includes four products:
- Nevo Butler Entertainment Companion enabling far-field voice control for existing entertainment devices.
- Zigbee-compatible Butler Hub for a managed network that can be kitted with Zigbee devices including sensors and thermostats; and Matter bridging capability to control Zigbee devices via native iOS and Android Home apps.
- Butler Matter Bridge that brings legacy devices into the Matter ecosystem. Control IR and non-matter-compliant IP devices via native iOS and Android Home apps; and
- Butler Smart Hub: White Label Matter Controller with Multi-Admin capability, and built-in Zigbee hub to deliver a managed experience while blending in other user-purchased devices in the home.
Our solutions are designed to help our customers bring products to market that work efficiently and seamlessly; ensuring end-users have the best smart home experience. Today’s announcement demonstrates UEI’s commitment to creating products for today’s consumer homes whether they are starting out on their first smart home system or if they have an existing smart home system that they want to maintain interoperability with tomorrow’s emerging standards.
Arsham Hatambeiki, Sr. VP of Products and Technology.
About Universal Electronics
Universal Electronics Inc. (NASDAQ: UEIC), the global leader in wireless universal control solutions for home entertainment and smart home devices; designs, develops, manufactures, ships and supports hardware and software control and sensor technology solutions. UEI partners with many Fortune 500 customers, including Comcast, Vivint Smart Home, Samsung, LG, Sony, and Daikin to serve video, telecommunications, security service providers, television, smart home, and HVAC system manufacturers. For over 35 years, UEI has been pioneering breakthrough innovations such as voice control and QuickSet cloud, the world’s leading platform for automated set-up and control of devices in the home. For more information visit www.uei.com
*All trademarks appearing herein are the property of their respective owners.
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements that are made pursuant to the Safe-Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words and expressions reflecting something other than historical fact are intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements involve a number of risks and uncertainties, including the timely development, delivery, technical performance, and market acceptance of products and technologies identified in this release; the purchasing by UEI customers of the UEI QUICKSET and NEVO BUTLER products identified in this release in the quantities anticipated by management; the adoption of smart hub and cloud enhancement technologies identified in this release by UEI customers, the continued penetration and growth of UEI smart hub technologies and UEI Quickset, and other products and consumer technologies identified in this release; and other factors described in UEI’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The actual results that UEI achieves may differ materially from any forward-looking statement due to such risks and uncertainties. UEI undertakes no obligations to revise or update any forward-looking statements in order to reflect events or circumstances that may arise after the date of this release.
Sr Marketing & Communications Manager