QuickSet® is Universal Electronics’ award winning product family and the de facto solution for simplifying universal control setup and operation. First introduced in September 2009, QuickSet solution is a widely deployed technology already in over 250 million devices around the world including set-top boxes, televisions, game consoles, smartphones, and tablets to enable effortless configuration and control of nearly any connected home entertainment device.
QuickSet solution includes a range of patent protected, data driven intelligent engines built on top of UEI’s industry-leading global device control database, to automate setup and operation of devices in the home. QuickSet can easily be integrated with any device using either simple Web APIs offered by QuickSet Cloud™; or as an embedded application optimized for your platform.
QuickSet Cloud delivers all the benefits of QuickSet, offered as a cloud-service taking full advantage of the infinite processing power, scalability, and updateability of Universal Electronics’ cloud platform.
At the core of every QuickSet solution, Discovery Engine enables automatic discovery and configuration of control interfaces for most HDMI or IP-connected devices, using standard and proprietary data transmitted over these networks.
Intelligent filtering, prioritization and model search capabilities based on market & location specific meta-data also help in simplifying on-screen wizard to only what is relevant to the consumer, improving the user experience.
A breakthrough new introduction, Predictive Engine, extends the automatic discovery and control capabilities of QuickSet by using a multitude of device attributes and a predictive algorithm to identify a growing set of traits and capabilities for a given target device. This can drastically simplify the user setup experience and enable a range of new applications for smart device vendors. As an example, with Predictive Engine, QuickSet can now provide Smart TV manufacturers with an accurate prediction of a consumer’s content provider to help SmartTVs interact and deliver value-add services based on the connected set-top box.
Control Plus™ Engine
This patent-protected solution addresses common consumer challenges in universal device control, such as mode confusion and input switching. With Control Plus Engine, consumers switch easily between activities and reliably view their chosen content source with a single touch, and Control Plus handles the device specific control requirements.
- One Touch View (OTV), a control function that enables users to instantly view their desired content with a single button press on the remote regardless of the state of the set-top box, TV or connected media device. Unlike many of the devices on the market today, this must have feature is not limited to HDMI-CEC devices, but delivers true universal market compatibility.
- Smart device integration – brings universal control & smart activities into second screen apps and provides synchronization across multiple screens
- Dynamic Key Mapping – remote or touchscreen buttons automatically map to appropriate devices based on the active content source device
Additional Highlights of QuickSet:
- QuickSet released as an embedded application supports a range of platforms including Linux, Android, iOS, and Windows as well as specific services for RDK and Android platforms
- QuickSet Cloud enables flexible integration through simple Web APIs, including server-to-server for cloud video delivery platforms, resource-constrained devices in IoT domain, and cross platform mobile applications effectively making all the QuickSet features and benefits available to any connected devices
- Cloud access to Universal Electronics’ world-class device control database with the most robust collection of device control codes (including discrete Infrared and proprietary-CEC), updated in real-time, ensuring successful control of any entire entertainment system
- Supports any bi-directional wireless standard for over-the-air download to a remote device, including ZigBee RF4CE, Bluetooth Smart and Wi-Fi