Designed specifically for hospitality and healthcare applications, Slate provides simple, yet effective control of guest-room entertainment systems while ensuring reliable performance and unit integrity. Slate is a fully cleanable remote control that can be wiped-down with common hospitality disinfectant cleaners or wipes before each new guest stay. Designed with hospitality applications in mind, Slate also has features that greatly reduce in-facility support: it easy to use, efficient to setup, prevents battery theft, and has extra-long battery life.
|IR Transmission Range:||
FULLY CLEANABLE AND GERM-FIGHTING REMOTE
- Remote has a smooth top-case with no key holes so it can easily be sprayed with a cleaner and then dried with a cloth or can be wiped-down with disinfectant wipes.
- Durable design allowing the remote to survive over three years with daily use of harsh cleaning products.
- Remote casing can have optional antimicrobial additives embedded so that the very parts of the remote fight germs and bacteria even while the remote is being used.
TOOLLESS THEFT-RESISTANT AA BATTERY COMPARTMENT
- Battery door on the Slate remote is actually the full bottom case itself.
- There is a special “trick” technique to open the remote battery compartment that makes it very difficult for guests to open.
- Prevents tampering or battery theft by any typical guest who is occupying the room, but still does not require a specialized tool. To the naked eye, it will appear as if the remote itself is sealed and had no battery door.
- Battery compartment includes two AA size batteries for far longer battery life than most competing hotel remotes using AAA size batteries.
- This greatly reduces the amount of time and money the hotel spends on changing batteries.
EXTREMELY FLEXIBLE PRINTED KEY LAYOUT AND DESIGN
- Keypad case is mostly a flat surface, so an entire face is fully printable in any design customization. Few or all 40 keys can be printed.
UPGRADABILITY AND LEARNING CAPABILITIES
- Battery compartment also houses the 6-pin serial port that is used for upgrades and programming by hotel personnel using UEI’s EZ Updater tool.
- This allows the each property to program one “Master” remote and then quickly clone all the other remotes for that location.
- Remote is fully-learnable for up to 39 keys, compared to most learning remotes that limit the amount of keys.
EASY TO USE
- Easy-to-read key layout makes remote simple to use
- Device modeless operation eliminates mode confusion
- The ability to stand the remote upright makes it easy to locate and to notice for new guests entering the room