NEW TBH-300 Multi-Protocol Smart Thermostat, Sound EVENTS on Nevo® Butler for Home Security, and curated kits for the Hospitality Channel
Scottsdale, AZ – Universal Electronics Inc., (UEI) (NASDAQ: UEIC), the worldwide leader in universal control and sensing technologies for the smart home, today announced that it will be introducing a host of new products and capabilities for home security, climate control and hospitality segments at the International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, NV, which kicks off on January 7, 2020.
Introducing TBH-300 Multi-protocol Smart Thermostat, optimized for subscription broadcasting and hospitality channels, features a variety of connectivity options to easily integrate with occupancy and temperature sensors and local gateway.
- Zigbee 3.0 to support seamless integration with existing home security and automation gateways commonly used in the service provider and hospitality channels, as well as in curated kits alongside the Nevo® Butler smart home hub.
- Sub-1 GHz ClearSky long-range radio for standalone mode operation when paired with Ecolink ClearSky high-performance sensors, such as occupancy and door/window. As a curated kit this solution enables complete on-device energy management systems and guest room automation without interaction or use of additional gateways.
- Bluetooth Smart provides reliable connectivity with mobile phones for simple onboarding and system set up by an installer.
UEI will also introduce new capabilities on its Nevo® Butler for professional home security application to differentiate and offer new services to their subscribers. Nevo Butler is a Zigbee certified smart home hub with a built-in nevo.ai white label voice assistant.
- The new intelligent sound events provide private and secure context-aware sound triggers necessary in-home security platforms. Upon arming the system, a trigger with an integrated look-back capability ensures important events are automatically captured and available to subscribers and monitoring services, a capability not currently made available on today’s far-field voice-enabled devices.
- Expanded professional home security offerings with Interoperability as a Service and Zigbee home automation powered by QuickSet Cloud allow new experiences to be added to existing entertainment and smart home devices in consumers’ homes, addressing consumer demand for interoperability.
- Virtual Agent Offering, personalize and expand the built-in white-label virtual assistant to provide a frictionless experience in how subscribers can interact with your services.
These devices, solutions, and services will also be offered in a range of new curated kits for the hospitality channel to address a variety of needs for room automation and in-room service delivery.
- TBH-300 Multi-protocol Smart Thermostat as standalone climate control and energy management solution with ClearSky occupancy and door/window sensors; or integrated with a Zigbee 3.0 in-room gateway;
- A reference virtual agent template for a personalized in-room experience and hospitality service integrated on Nevo Butler.
Additionally, a wide range of Ecolink intelligent sensing solutions will be on display to present how optimized and curated kits can offer turnkey solutions to address common home intrusion, monitoring, and control challenges.
Universal Electronics will host product demonstrations for all their latest technologies and design concepts at Booth #42325 in the Sands Expo at CES 2020 in Las Vegas from January 7 -10.
About Universal Electronics
Universal Electronics Inc. is the worldwide leader in universal control and sensing technologies for the smart home. For more information, please visit www.uei.com/about.
All trademarks appearing herein are the property of their respective owners.
Nevo and QuickSet are trademarks of Universal Electronics Inc.
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements that are made pursuant to the Safe-Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words and expressions reflecting something other than historical fact are intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements involve a number of risks and uncertainties, including the timely development, delivery and market acceptance of UEI’s Nevo Butler, nevo.ai, and associated service offerings, and other technologies identified in this release; the continued penetration and growth of the digital assistant products and consumer technologies identified in this release; and other factors described in the Company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The actual results that the Company achieves may differ materially from any forward-looking statement due to such risks and uncertainties. The Company undertakes no obligations to revise or update any forward-looking statements in order to reflect events or circumstances that may arise after the date of this release.
UEI Press Contact: