SANTA ANA, CA – Universal
Electronics Inc. (UEI) (NASDAQ:
UEIC), the worldwide leader in sensing and control technologies for the smart home, will celebrate its 30th anniversary this year at CES 2017, honoring the company’s legacy of first-to-market innovations, based on almost 400 pending and issued patents that have helped shape the home entertainment and consumer electronics industries. UEI will showcase its latest and most advanced solutions for home entertainment and security this year in Las Vegas, January 5 – 8 at the Las Vegas Convention Center, South Hall 1 Booth #20431.
Since its founding in 1986, Universal Electronics has established itself as a true
leader and visionary in home entertainment control. The company released its first universal TV remote in 1987 – a promising evolution in remote controls that allowed consumers to purchase a remote that wasn’t from the original TV manufacturer.
The company has grown substantially, from its founding in 1986, to recording revenues of over $600 million in 2015. Throughout the years the company has made several strategic acquisitions including Zilog remote control software technology and related assets in 2009; Enson Assets Limited (China Gemstar Technologies) in 2010; and more recently Ecolink Intelligent Technologies in 2015.
UEI’s technology and innovation highlights include:
- 1989: introduced user programmable macro keys enabling a single button press to operate multiple devices in a traditional audio video system;
- 2002: launched a voice-enabled remote control designed for cable operators in partnership with AgileTV™;
- 2004: introduced Kameleon™, the first electroluminescent touch panel remote that delivered unparalleled consumer remote control simplicity;
- 2005: presented the remote control “app,” Nevo®, that transformed personal digital assistants (PDA’s) into touchscreen universal remotes;
- 2008: introduced QuickSet®, the first-of-its-kind universal remote set up and control solution for consumer electronics and smart mobile devices that has grown to become an industry standard;
- 2016: launched QuickSet Cloud® on the Xfinity X1 platform to deliver completely automated universal remote setup and control on a cable platform.
At CES, the company will unveil its latest line of product innovations that continue to
reinvent the way consumers engage and navigate with connected devices
throughout the home, including:
- QuickSet 4.0: Universal Electronics’ advanced platform with Control+ Engine and IP Services, bringing content to the foreground by extending discovery and control with rich metadata.
- Advanced Remote Controls: Showcasing the latest cutting-edge remote controls deployed by the most recognized brands in consumer electronics. From voice-enabled remotes to robust design and finish options, UEI has reimagined what a remote is and does through the introduction of high performance features and design elements that enhance the consumer experience.
- Designovation: An annual tradition to bring never-before-seen concept remote controls, including UE CORE, a remote design with endless customization capabilities; UEI ADAPT, a remote that “simplifies” itself for efficient use with any entertainment device; and UEI REFLEX, a remote that delivers intuitive control in a simple 12-button package designed for the growing control needs of the smart home and IoT devices. Many of past years’ concept designs and features have been integrated and deployed in today’s newest models.
- Wireless Home Security and HVAC Solutions: Experience the latest in home sensing, monitoring and control solutions ranging from intelligent door and window sensors, to flood/freeze sensors, to automated light switches and more. Universal Electronics will also showcase its portfolio of wireless home controllers designed for some of the world’s largest consumer HVAC brands.
All trademarks appearing herein are the property of their respective owners.
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements that are made pursuant to the
Safe-Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words and expressions reflecting something other than historical fact are
intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements involve a number of risks and uncertainties, including the timely
development, delivery and market acceptance of products and technologies identified in this release; the continued penetration and growth of the Quickset
4.0, UE CORE, UEI ADAPT, UEI REFLEX, and other products and consumer technologies identified in this release; and other factors described in the
Company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The actualresults that the Company achieves may differ materially from any forward looking statement due to such risks and uncertainties. The Company undertakes no obligations to revise or update any forward-looking statements in
order to reflect events or circumstances that may arise after the date of this release.
Media Contact for