Website Universal Electronics
Create Smarter Living – Join UEI as Quality Engineer.
Universal Electronics (UEI) is an innovative world leader in sense and control technology for the smart home. Our vision is beyond the connected home, a smarter home where technology is our friend.
UEI’s embedded software, hardware and cloud services provide intelligence to seamlessly control and interact with an expanding list of home entertainment and smart home electronics. We design & developed an extraordinary number of products for the connected home, backed by a complete ecosystem of data driven software solutions & cloud services for connected devices from leading brands in mobile, gaming and consumer electronics segments.
The Quality Engineer (QE) is responsible for securing the quality of our products during the product development phase and manufacturing process. The QE ensures that product, process and project related quality risks are quantified upfront and traced. By monitoring product and software quality KPI’s the QE improves efficiency and accuracy to meet customer specifications.
The QE works in a cross functional, intercontinental team and guards the quality interests of both internal and external stakeholders. The position is in our Enschede office and requires travelling on an international level (EU, US, China). The QE reports to the Quality Assurance Manager in Enschede.
Main tasks & responsibilities
- Support and assist with designing portions of quality requirements, processes and practices into the development, design, manufacturing phase and continuous improvement of parts of a product or a solution
- Collect, consolidate and chart data from reports, testing and process results to identify trends and issues
- Lead supplier quality management activities and challenge current levels of performance.
- Implement changes to quality processes to reduce defects and improve quality, conduct DFMEA for projects, introduce Six-Sigma / lean principles
- Review and sign off on product compliance documents (for CE, REACH, RoHS etc.), liaise with local and international test labs for conducting tests, & work closely with internal & external teams to determine compliance requirements for specific markets (Asia, Europe, Latin America, Australia etc.)
- The QE proactively supports product qualification and high volume manufacturing readiness
- Conduct root cause analysis on NPI and field issues
- Knowledge and experience on the product development life cycle for technically challenging projects with QA deliverables that contain extensive analysis and test results.
- Understanding of material properties, hardware and electrical component design and manufacture, quality standards and methodologies
- Knowledge on EU legislations and standards such as EMC, REACH, RoHS, RED etc.
- Skilled in adopting proven and professional methodologies towards measuring quality during entire manufacturing process. Understanding the parameters to measure, type of equipment and error modes during test preparation.
- Understanding on the concepts of quality measurement within IQC, IPQC and OQC. Able to deduce trends from raw figures, compare and make inferences from KPI data and trends to suggest corrective actions.
- Experience in a similar role within a high volume manufacturing environment.
Additional preferred requirements:
- Bachelor / master degree in Engineering (ex. electrical, electronics, industrial, mechanical, manufacturing)
- Technical background with experience in working on product design, engineering, layout, software validation and/or PCB and system manufacturing
- Understanding of the software development process, best practices, types of software testing, software quality metrics etc.
- Experience in embedded software development, exposure to technologies such as Bluetooth, voice recognition, accelerometer implementations etc. on consumer electronics products.
- Knowledge in the concept and application of FMEA, design for manufacture, user centered design etc.,
- Able to work within a cross-functional team environment
- Open minded, analytic, problem solving, advising skills, flexible and willing to travel.
For this role also (foreign) candidates who are willing to relocate or willing to work from their home office and travel to Enschede on a regular base are invited to apply.
Be part of a team that has a true passion for innovation and technology. Those passions resonate worldwide throughout all of UEI’s locations with talented innovators, engineers and designers. Team members are focused on improving the user experience while solving industry and consumer challenges.
UEI offers talent the opportunity to develop oneself and grow both horizontal or vertically throughout the global organization. An interesting remuneration package, relocation allowance (when needed), bonus.
For more information about UEI and the role offered, please contact Rianne Schutte – HR Manager at [email protected] / +31 534888000.
Universal Electronics B.V., Colosseum 2, 7521 PT Enschede, The Netherlands
Learn more about us on YouTube: