Create Smarter Living – Join UEI as Program Manager – Smart Home.
Universal Electronics (UEI) is an innovative world leader in sense and control technology for the smart home. Our vision is beyond the connected home, a smarter home where technology is our friend.
UEI’s embedded software, hardware and cloud services provide intelligence to seamlessly control and interact with an expanding list of home entertainment and smart home electronics. We design & developed an extraordinary number of products for the connected home, backed by a complete ecosystem of data driven software solutions & cloud services for connected devices from leading brands in mobile, gaming and consumer electronics segments. In January 2019 we introduced a digital assistant platform for the smart home environment.
From our European HQ in Enschede we with major OEM’s for STB’s OTT’s, mobile phones, tablets, TVs, and other consumer electronics products in EMEA.
Program Manager – Smart Home
In our team located in Enschede we have a career opportunity available for a Program Manager.
After a project is won, the program manager takes the lead and translates the customer requirements / expectations into a project plan that is used to develop and realize the products. The program manager is responsible for the planning, budget, cost control and quality during the program development. The PM is managing expectations; presents planning, risks/risk mitigations and constraints to customer and other stakeholders.
The Program Manager works in a cross functional team, interfacing with leaders, department managers, and project teams around the globe. The Program Manager leads the team and guards the interests of both internal and external stakeholders. The role requires a self-starting mentality and a strong capability for multi-tasking, prioritization and managing complex programs with a high importance to both UEI and our customers.
Main tasks & responsibilities
- Managing RF & cloud based programs after they are won and lead internal and external teams through feasibility and realization phase towards first mass production deliveries.
- Interface between internal & external stakeholders.
- Be the leader during project setup, execution and escalations.
- Communicate with industry leaders and department heads as well as (system) engineers around the globe.
- Set a framework, set priorities and drive issues to closure. Manage expectations & delays and build in contingency plans.
- Train other Program Managers in the team to be able to manage cloud based solutions.
- Contribute to team and departmental goals.
- Bachelor or master degree in computer science or related.
- 5-10 years’ experience in a Program Management role ideally in international environment.
- Successfully managed for some years Programs with Cloud based solutions.
- Experience in managing software developments, ideally with broadcasters or system integrator environments.
- Proven Project Management skills. Ideally with certificate (Eg. PRINCE2, PMI). Experience with aligning International project teams on risk management & contingency, stakeholder management, planning & dependencies.
- Outstanding communication skills in English (presenting, spoken and written) and able to interface with team members on different operational levels internal & external.
- Ideally has experience in managing programs with Radio technology (RF4CE, BLE, BT etc.).
- Experience or interest in Electrical and Mechanical/ design components of a remote control.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Analytical and critical thinker.
- Understand customer strategy and business case and able to translate this in project plan.
- Able to cope with stress and deadlines.
- Takes ownership and has a drive to do whatever it takes.
- Good in multi-tasking and in setting priorities.
- Able to travel up to 10-20% of time.
- Like to work with flexible work hours, no 9-5 mentality (stakeholders in Asia, India and US).
Candidates that are willing to relocate to the Enschede area or are willing to work from their home office and can frequently travel to the Enschede office, are also invited to apply.
Be part of a team that has a true passion for innovation and technology. Those passions resonate worldwide throughout all of UEI’s locations with talented innovators, engineers and designers. Working with biggest Broadcasters (Sky, Vodafone, LGI, Orange, etc.) and Integrators (Sagemcom, Technicolor, etc.) in Europe, middle East, India and South Africa. Team members are focused on improving the user experience while solving industry and consumer challenges. UEI offers talent the opportunity to develop oneself and grow both horizontal or vertically throughout the global organization.
For more information about UEI and the role offered, please contact Marcel Ogink – Director Program Management or Rianne Schutte – HR Manager +31 534888000. Please send your questions and/or application to [email protected]
Universal Electronics B.V., Colosseum 2, 7521 PT Enschede, The Netherlands
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com